Sunday, January 24

interruptions

gha!




i can't even get this post up because of interruptions!
it's taken me 45 min to get this far......




everydamntime i get started.............


trying to think... concentrate.....

to put into words what my vision is....




so i change focus...

try doing something else, approach things differently.......




finally!

peace... quiet....

i can concentrate.....

uh. uh.


14 comments:

RiaD said...



so how's your day going?

Alma said...

Days going well so far.

I got a good laugh last night. I was sitting at the computer as usual with my big cat on my lap. I really need a bigger lap for him. The 2 girly grandpigs, Lala and Nikki, were having floor time in the diningroom with me. Running around and munching hay out of their kleenex box hay bin. All of a sudden my hubby let out with a big ATCHOO! The cat takes off like a dart, and Nikki jumped into her hay box and got stuck. The poor dear couldn't get out on her own and we had to rip the box. Did I mention the girls are fatties?

JayinPhiladelphia said...

I found my Spinners cd! I shall throw it in the stereo on repeat, and use it as the soundtrack for the rest of my day.

It's raining here. I was gonna walk up to the Multnomah County Elections Building to drop off my ballot, but it was just too wet. Real rain for a change, not just our typical drizzly mist. Bah. So I took the bus. Then went grocery shopping. Got home wet. But I have bread. And beer. And rice. It's time to party like it's 1499! Ummm, if there were blogs, computers and stereos in 1499...

RiaD said...

O my!
that must've been one of those cases where you get the repeats.... everytime you even think about it you start laughing again!

my day has pretty much sucked.

mrD got a job. a real job.
i thought he'd be happy because we're scraping the bottom.
but.
he's been self-employed so long...
& the job is 120 miles round trip each day....
& the crew are all younger than he...
it's working on a school. i think either a retro-fit or repair NOT new construction. the pay is not what he's used to making... but it IS something

anyway....
he's been a bear!

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

in other news, we got a catalog from Meyer Hatchery. haven't ever ordered from them. they have 160 types of poultry chicks! from bantams to turkeys!
if i can figure out a cheap & easy way to make chicken tractors i may just get into the chicken business!

Alma said...

Oh dear Ria, sounds like MrD is going to have a long drive everyday. Maybe he'll be in a better mood a few days after he starts it. He might just be a little worried about how he's going to fit, and if the guys he'll be working with are good workers. Anyway, I hope he gets in a better mood.

Thawstie the snowman. Well thawstie is my word verification. LOL

RiaD said...

kathleen e-d me some Great Ideas!!
if i can just figure out how to turn her ideas into reality here!

she suggests a resource section...
with different areas for different things...
& divide the country by regions & give info on growing....

a place for ppl to find &/or share info.

i think it's a great idea!

maybe soon this blog will grow up into a soapblox blog.... i know how to do it there!

RiaD said...

ummm,
i can take that word verification thingey off if y'all would rather?

it said in the destructions that it would help keep robot posting out. i don't know how much of a problem that is here....

(i don't see it at all- i guess cause i'm admin?)

so plz let me know!

Alma said...

It's up to you Ria. Usually I have a problem making out verification words, but the one here gives you easy to read ones, so it hasn't been a problem. Some of them here have given me a few chuckles. Like thawstie. It just made Frosty the snowman get stuck in my head. LOL

RiaD said...

well. if its a pain in the butt to always have to put in a word (& *I* would find it so!) i'll gladly take it off.

in fact... i'll just go do that now.
if we get a bunch of spam comments we can revisit the issue!

RiaD said...

ok.
we'll see how that works!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mrD must leave at 5:30am!
he just asked if i'd be getting up to help fix his lunch. aaargh!

well.... (after he leaves)it will give me a chance to get a grip on my day before it starts....
& maybe i can do my posts for here then!

Alma said...

ACK! I remember those days of having to get up early. I was a morning person then. Now I don't get up until noon. My family are all night owls and I've learned its easier to give in and be one of them.

RiaD said...

i've always been a morning person. i used to drive a schoolbus & for years i was up, kids dressed & fed & out the door by 5:45!

lately my mornings are getting later. i usually get up around 7- 7:30.
when i first quit smoking i was up at 5am again... for about a week! then i got sick & i 'm getting up around 8ish for the past week.

i always felt better getting up early though.
(i'm trying ver hard to embrace the change! can you tell?)

Anonymous said...

FWIW, I never had a problem with the code words on blogger...some other sites, though, are like Alma said: even humans can barely figure them out.

So sorry about MrD's commute, but hey, a job's a job. (I'm not thrilled w/mine, either, as you know, but it's better than NOT having one.) On the fp at Orange someone mentioned Andre Bauer & also that SC has 12+ % unemployment, so it's great he got this gig. Maybe he can return to being self-employed once the economy improves (& let's hope it does, and quickly...).

What's a chicken tractor?

Oh: and is there any chance you can make MrD's lunch the day before? I assume he won't have access to a microwave (I often take leftovers & nuke 'em at work) but things like frittatas[sp?] are best eaten at room temp., so if it's in the fridge overnight, it will be room temp. by lunchtime.

Anonymous said...

Ria --

You Got Mail. Both accounts.

Y'know what I realized? All my contacts at gmail are grouped under "All Contacts" -- nobody is under "friends." This isn't really a problem b/c I know who I'm emailing...but it DOES make me feel like an idiot b/c I just realized I'm not even sure how to add someone to the friends list.

I just type in their name under "To" and the address magically appears...never thought of distinguishing anyone from anyone else. You, for example: I type RiaD and your Yahoo address comes up (now I will have a choice of Yahoo or gmail: let me know which you prefer). Friends? Family? All contacts? What's the difference when I just have to type RiaD and gmail gives me an option of different email accounts?

Aaargh. Software so Ain't Us!