
well. i spent some time reading help files & playing with gadgets today. i think i understand this blogspot site a bit better now.
it took me forever to figure out how to comment (on my very own blog!!) but while i was looking for that answer i ran across several answers to questions i had in the back of my mind.....
so. i added my blog roll & some sites i like & frequently go visit. also some resources for people who may drop by & are looking for how to become self-sustainable, where to begin.
i also found that i can add other authors to this blog. we can have up to 100! (i think that's correct) so it doesn't have to be ONLY me writing. (whew!)
maybe this will turn out more like i'd envisioned than i'd hoped. i didn't realize blogspot was so versatile!
i'm still not feeling so good. hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.






















18 comments:
Feel better, Ria!
I don't know much about Blogspot -- my account here is via Gmail or something...I do know how to comment, though, LOL: much to your dismay, no doubt (^.^)
Glad to see Margaret & Helen on your blogroll: they're a hoot, aren't they?
As far as inviting people: I don't really know what your vision is for your blog. Definitely Jay & newp, I think, but: how political do you want to go? Do you need more sunsets (Eddie)?
Send me an email when you feel better, or just reply to one of my comments: I do tend to need a YOU GOT MAIL! to check it -- if I didn't subscribe to The New Yorker I wouldn't even check my Snail Mail. I don't think you want asscows, heh, but I'm not sure yet of your vision for this site.
bwahahahahaha
This is a solidly built house, now converted into apartments...but if my downstairs neighbors can hear me, they are probably calling the nuthouse: I just lost it over Pioneer Woman's post "The Yankees! The Dirty Yankees!"
And if you can tell me how to post a link here, Ria, it would be a big help. If you just want to LOL, go to PW's site: it's under the Confessions category. And it's a howler, in a GOOD way.
that was a great article!
i go to her site about once a week or so. she's great!
on linking....
http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2010/01/the_yankees_the_dirty_yankees/
this one i just pasted the link in.
yankees
this one i did the < a href= "your link here" > TITLE HERE < / a>
take OUT these spaces:
after the first <
after the =
after the second "
before & after your TITLE (your TITLE should have the pointy things (less & greater than) immediately before & after)
after your title it should go:
(with no spaces) less than, back-slash, a, greater than.
Testing. 1, 2.
Trying to see if I can figure out how to leave a comment...
Oh, I think it worked!
Hi, Ria! Hi, Youff!
hello Jay!
good to see you here!
i'm not quite sure what i want to do with this place yet.
mostly i'll be documenting my garden & i guess sharing my thoughts w/y'all. i guess i just wanted a place all my own for my friends to gather...
Hi, Jay! Hi, Ria!
Ria, you have planted a seed...& all your friends will come -- as long as they know about it.
I think you have a lot more friends than you know...the problem is discerning "friend" from "false friend."
Can't help ya there. But Jay is real & so am I & so is brobin. I know there are other true friends: these are just the ones I am *absolutely sure* of.
Yo, Jay! (waves madly)
I just had the mother of all grilled cheese sandwiches:
Gruyere.
Whole wheat bread.
Real Butter.
And the last ripe tomato on the East Coast.
If I had more Gruyere, I'd make another one. Damn.
gha youff!
that sound fantastic!
really yummy....
i'm not sure if i'll tell anyone else from WB.
i'll probably change my sig at GOS to 'advertise' this place.
i need to come up with a plan i guess for what i want it to be about....
i once told newp~
"at some point in future i'll have my own blog.
one that is word of mouth, one that truly adheres to 'be excellent & no asscows'....
one that looks for ways to bring peace & self-sustainability to the world.
one that promotes common sense (to me) values & laws, local grass-roots political activism that will eventually effect things nationally.
one that promotes my vision of the "whynot" party... one that is not in opposition to democrat/republican/independant but in addition to, sort of like an endorsement of common sense values...
'whynot'- to recall the words of kennedy- 'i see things that never were & say why not'
& also because it works so well....
whynot demand public-funded elections.
whynot promote election reform.
whynot demand fair representation.
whynot have national healthcare.
whynot have free education.
whynot demand transparent gov't & political accountability.
whynot fix our own nation before we tell others what to do.
(i could go on for pages & pages & pages)"
i tried to get whynot dot com (& many many variations of that) but they were all taken already.
so i went for a more... whimsical idea...
i guess i really need to work on a mission/vision statement, huh?
y'all got any ideas??
hmmm...no, no ideas for a mission statement. No ideas what this means, either:
Oh, hell, I still can't figure out how to paste a link here. It's a dKos story about "40 of human intel always dropped at FBI" by vets74 and I think it's rec-worthy but it's long & wonky & I don't understand most of the computer stuff.
But the gist of it is, he ran a computer search on terrorist plots & the underwear bomber showed up at the top of the list: so why is our government's software so inadequate? (hint: it's GWB's fault)
Me? I think the government should get the geniuses at Google to design a search engine for us. I may add that to the comments over at Orange.
Hi All,
Looks like you are getting comfortably settled Ria. :)
Too bad you couldn't get the "Why not" url, but I like firefly dreaming too.
Crossing my fingers that this will work.
thanks alma!
my fingers are crossed too!
i'm getting over a cold just now. soon i'll be up to posting more regularly!
if anybody wants to post essay/diaries here plz drop me a line & i'll set you up!
Hi, Alma! Glad to see ya here.
Ria, I hope you're feeling better now.
Just checked jotter's high-impact diary for yesterday & my overnight pootie diary came in at #29! And it didn't even make the rec list! At least, I don't think so...if it did, I sure missed it. I think that's my best ever at Orange: but of course a lot of people were depressed about Coakley's loss & really needed something uplifting (or silly).
Heh: my secret word to post this comment is wingit. And isn't that what we're all doing, all the time? Winging it?
ROFLMAO!
Oh, this is too good NOT to share & so I came here...home, in a way, I hope?
We are supposed to get freezing rain overnight. Well, that was the prediction. Weather.com before noon gave us a 30% chance of it starting around 3 a.m. -- an hour ago. Still nothing.
I'm off tomorrow, so out of curiosity I went back to Weather.com. Currently the weather is west of Harrisburg, and the site doesn't predict it to arrive until about 10 a.m. (many schoolchildren will be disappointed, lol).
But that's NOT the funny thing. The FUNNY thing is that Weather.com is predicting bad weather for golfing.
In PA. In January.
_bwahahahahahahahahaha_
It is ALWAYS bad weather for golfing in PA in Jan. Even when it is unseasonably warm, you can't count on good golfing weather...unless you like to try to get your ball out of a MUD TRAP.
_bwahahahahahahaha_
ROFLMAO too Youff!
It would be the same here in Michigan.
It could be fun watching them try and golf. They would have to use those colored balls to even have a chance of finding it.
youff~
very cool on your pootie diary!
i need to check out jotters list more often, i miss so much.
mmgrmphahahaha!
golfing?!???
in january??
i don't think they even do much golfing HERE in january!
maybe we should all go to puerto rico & go golfing?
alma!
that's a Great Idea!!
maybe spray 'em down with coloured water just before whacking them so they leave a trail on top of the snow?
That would make it pretty! Probably make some interesting splatters on the golfers too! :)
Post a Comment