"I don't get why conspiracies always have to be evil. Doesn't anyone ever conspire to do good?"
Sarah McLachlan » Ordinary Miracle
Songwriters: Ballard, Glen; Stewart, David A.
It's not that unusual
When everything is beautiful
It's just another
Ordinairy miracle today
The sky knows when it's time to snow
Don't need to teach a seed to grow
It's just another
Ordinairy miracle today
Life is like a gift, they say
Wrapped up for you everyday
Open up, and find a way
To give some of your own
Isn't remarkable?
Like everytime a raindrop falls
It's just another
Ordinairy miracle today
The birds in winter have their fling
And always make it back by spring
It's just another
Ordinairy miracle today
When you wake up everyday
Please don't throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart
'Cause we are all a part
Of the ordinairy miracle
Ordinairy miracle
Do you want to see a miracle
It seems so exceptional
That things just turn out after all
It's just another
Ordinairy miracle today
The sun comes out and shines some bright
And disappears again at night
It's just another
Ordinairy miracle today
It's just another
Ordinairy miracle today
conspire to do good....
the other side of that is
evil miracles....
& who ever thinks "gha! that earthquake in haiti was such a miracle"
but it was.
so often we only want to see "good" things as miracles or "evil" conspiracies...
but in fact there ARE some of each!
well that's my open thought for the day!
what are yours?
(please use this as an open thread, a place to chit-chat)






















29 comments:
you can leave ordinary thoughts....
they don't have to be miraculous!
(^.^)
OK here are 2 of my favorites, this was the best I could do a narrowing it down. LOL
For you Ria......
The key is to trust your heart to move where your unique talents can flourish. This old world will really spin when work becomes a joyous expression of the soul.
and .......
Love in action is the answer to every problem in our lives and in the world. Love in action is the force that helped us make it to this place, and it is this truth that will set us free.
Love this phrase: "conspire to do good"
Lets hope it happens a lot!
But there are conspiracies to do good, everywhere.
They are often known by other names....
Family
Friends
Churches
Communities
PTAs
Sometimes they are small, but the can be very powerful.
Jesus God,
who let the Devilish One in this joint?
Oh, sure, he's got himself cloaked under the name Da Ripper, but we all know who this REALLY is.
mmgrmphahahaha!
karma you always make me smile
(^.^)
~~~~~~~~
da ripp,
or blogs!!
~~~~~~~~
alma,
yup.
that's the phrase that just HIT me
& sent me reeling
~~~~~~~~
kathleen,
such beautiful thoughts from you always
i'm ever so glad karma intrigued me into coming to mlw....
ever so glad i met you
♥~
The roots are here the tree is growing.......
name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FDmPcSWE0WU&hl=en_US&fs=1&">name="allowFullScreen" value="true">name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
shit I was trying to post this.....LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDmPcSWE0WU
DA is that you!!!! Am I going to have to break out the happy dance????
Hey Kathleen,
Yeah, that's DA, alright.
He's pretending to be someone else because he's up to no good.
People are like, "Oh, but Karam, DA is a good guy."
Sure.
DA is a good guy like, I don't know, Idi Amin was a good guy or Charles Manson is a good guy.
But don't worry, much like Shaq, I've got your back!
Oh Karam....
I guess I'll just quote the mistress of this blog when she welcomed me here
RiaD said...
da ripper~
could you possibly be the most interesting man in the world?
of course you can hang here....
but if you'd really feel ever so much safer w/a ban hammer i could prolly provide you one!
Great to see you here!
would you like to post here as well as comment? just say the word, it shall be done!
Now, does that sound like a welcome someone would give a bad man?
I see you're being well behaved here Karam. No I/Ping on the floor.
Well done!
I'm just biding my time until I'm ready to cause a ruckus.
i shall give DA Rippley One a silver jewel-encrusted hammer to tend to fishies who roil the waters of my peaceful blog!!
the Ria has spoken!
LOL
Here's a good Mike Gravel quote I saw today:
"Our country needs renewal -- not just of particular policies or of people, but of democracy itself."
awesome quote Ross thanks!
i second Kathleen!
that is a really wonderful quote.
the thing is....
i'd settle for NO quotes if they'd just get up off their duffs & DO something towards these wonderful things they keep saying.
& my ire is NOT directed at you Ross!! i'm just tired of pretty words & no action
that's a great Gravel quote, Ross, thanks for sharing it.
Kathleen, just beautiful, and I agree that the roots are here and the tree will grow.
welcome Da, looking forward to 'conspiring to do good' with ya.
karma, what a fantastic post today. hits home on so many levels, and will comment once I get a bit of rest - been a long, long day.
I'm with ya Alma, I hope 'conspiring to do good' happens a lot!
and Ria, thanks for these thoughts... and for all your tiny ripples of goodness.
I've been wanting to share this since your 'youth movement' post, and reading the great stuff Ross had to say. it's a bit long (sorry), but only part of Bobby Kennedy's 1966 speech in Capetown, SA... a generation ago, but still hits me right in the heart.
"...Our answer is the world's hope; it is to rely on youth. The cruelties and obstacles of this swiftly changing planet will not yield to obsolete dogmas and outworn slogans. It cannot be moved by those who cling to a present which is already dying, who prefer the illusion of security to the excitement and danger which comes with even the most peaceful progress.
This world demands the qualities of youth; not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of the imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease. It is a revolutionary world we live in, and thus, as I have said in Latin America and Asia, in Europe and in the United States, it is young people who must take the lead. Thus you, and your young compatriots everywhere, have had thrust upon you a greater burden of responsibility than any generation that has ever lived.
"There is," said an Italian philosopher, "nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things." Yet this is the measure of the task of your generation, and the road is strewn with many dangers.
First, is the danger of futility: the belief there is nothing one man or one woman can do against the enormous array of the world's ills - against misery and ignorance, injustice and violence. Yet many of the world's greatest movements, of thought and action, have flowed from the work of a single man. A young monk began the Protestant Reformation, a young general extended an empire from Macedonia to the borders of the earth, and a young woman reclaimed the territory of France. It was a young Italian explorer who discovered the New World, and the thirty-two-year-old Thomas Jefferson who proclaimed that all men are created equal.
"Give me a place to stand," said Archimedes, "and I will move the world." These men moved the world, and so can we all. Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation. Thousands of Peace Corps volunteers are making a difference in isolated villages and city slums in dozens of countries. Thousands of unknown men and women in Europe resisted the occupation of the Nazis and many died, but all added to the ultimate strength and freedom of their countries. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance..."
All I want is to cause a ruckus and I do not even know how to do that here.
:O(
I mean, on dKos I can easily cause a ruckus any time of the day or night. There are any number of people there wherein all I need to do is go up to them, tap them on the shoulder, and say, "Boo!" and they'll freak out and start yelling and name-calling and all that.
But not here.
Because I feel accepted on Ria's website it means that I cannot easily cause a ruckus!
Rats!
{Pity me. I need pity.}
there, there little fishy....
it'll be okay.
you go cause ruckuseses ALLLL over the blogosphere & then come home here where you're safe, warm & welcomed....just for being YOU!
LOL! I love it karmafish.
LOL Love the comments in this thread.
It sure does feel good having a place where peace, respect and good discussion exists.
Good list Da Ripper. I think those groups are the heart of communities.
Love the quote Ross, and its sooo true.
What a beautiful speech Newp. Looking around I'm proud and confident in our youth. I don't usually watch The View but caught it yesterday. Megan McCain was on and took on the racism at the tea party convention. She was talking about how the youth is turned off by that, and how the youth are the ones that make the movements and changes to countries. I should have gone looking for her quotes, cause I'm sure I didn't relay it very well.
I still need to go look at that clip Kathleen. From the sound of the comments it fits whats happening here. :)
Hey Karma, If you want we can pretend you are causing a ruckus if you want.
Try not to leave any blood when you use your hammer Da Ripper. I would hate to see the site have blood stains all over. ;)
ay bendito, (((Karmafish))) there's some puertorrican pity :O)
sure am glad we feel accepted here ~ Ria kinda has that way about her, huh?
hey guys, Ross is on the top of the wreck list over at kos... jump on over and show some love if ya got the time...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/2/9/835545/-BREAKING:-Democrats-endorse-single-payer!
Pity me.
:O)
I need pity.
Oh, and btw, thanks newp.
I'll check out Ross's diary.
thanks guys!
everyone's so nice here it's absurd (in a good way, of course)
Hi, Karmafish! It's me! Did I surprise you or DA the Ripper?? LOL!
Mike Gravel was sure right on his money with that quote! Woohoo!
Post a Comment