Thursday, February 4

!!!! site stuff~

 





Blogger has just added a "pages" thingey to their layout.
This will  allow me to have/add static pages for information purposes.
we can have up to 10-TEN!!! pages added onto this blog...
with either tabs across the top or an area called 'pages' or some such on the sidebar.
I'll start on this as soon as i get my confidence built up. It sounds much more involved w/HTML & coding than anything i've ever done.
Once i get how to add pages figured out, I can begin to fill them up with links & informative how-to type information. This will be an on-going project.

You may have noticed we now have a whole series of free clicks links near the bottom of the page.
I have configured all of these to open in a new tab, so you can click the lil box, click their button, shut that tab & go to the next one. easy-peasy!!
please make it a habit to click these daily! just a few seconds of your day can make a world of difference in someones life.

i have also configured all the links in the blog roll, good things, & resources lists to open in new tabs.
if you have any links you'd like added to these lists please say so!

i've added a new little gadget- "recent comments" today.
it's not exactly what i want, but it will make it easier to see if someone has recently commented in a post.

i've also added a sun & moon phase gadget.
just because.

as always, any ideas to make this blog better are greatly appreciated!
speak up! tell me what you think....

& by the way....
i'm glad YOU're here!!!
(yes, YOU!)
♥~

10 comments:

RiaD said...

got a glimmer of an idea?

RiaD said...

feh!
well.
it looks like the recent comments is not updating.
:(

Alma said...

Huh, I miss getting online for half a day and you've done a ton of work on the site!

Well your two comments above this are in the recent comments so it looks like they are updating now. :)

Love the Heros post below this one Ria, and the comments. They are really good ones. I'll have to think on it a bit before I post.

RiaD said...

thanks alma.
i think there is some kind of a delay on the recent comments.
i'm really trying not to be pissy about it, but...

ha! you are so much like me.
ponder a bit. then tell me what you're thinking.

♥~

Anonymous said...

Ria, I saw the free pet food links & saw that you had coded some of your own links...that's just awesome.

You are so far ahead of me on this html stuff that I can't even imagine what the possibilities are, much less suggest some. Recent comments sounds good: didn't even notice it, but then I just plunged into all the new posts I hadn't read yet (working my way down the page, lol).

I guess the main thing I don't like about Blogger is the way the comments open in a different window & you can't really reply to someone the way you can on Scoop or Soapblox: but that's not your fault, it's a bad design by Google (or whomever). And, well, the price is right, so we have to accept these little annoyances.

Really, though, I'm very impressed with what you've already achieved. Your little site (I'm being ironic here) is growing into a lovely home: Thank You So Much for doing this.

RiaD said...

thanks youff!
i just kinda copied the pet food ones you sent me, but put in where i wanted them to go & the pic i wanted.
btw- i've figured out how to make those open in a different tab. if your friend wants that code to add in to hers just let me know!

RiaD said...

oops!
hit something wrong & posted too soon.

there is a LOT...a shit-ton in fact!...that i don't like about this blogger site.
but for now we'll have to make due.

some Very Generous People have made donations. & with what i can put in right now... i'm nearly halfway towards getting a soapblox site & paying someone to help me do a couple things i know i don't know how to do but want to have (page tabs, logo pic all across the top of page)
hopefully very soon we'll have enough to go for it!
and have nested comments, you-tube embedding, recent comments & replies & all the neat stuff we're all used to having.

Da Ripper said...

This is a wonderful Blog. But I'm not sure I could hang out here because I don't have my Flaming Silver Banhammer with me.

There, RiaD, can you guess who I am?

RiaD said...

da ripper~
could you possibly be the most interesting man in the world?

of course you can hang here....
but if you'd really feel ever so much safer w/a ban hammer i could prolly provide you one!

Great to see you here!
would you like to post here as well as comment? just say the word, it shall be done!

mplo said...

Hi again, RiaD! This looks like a cool site, and I'm glad I joined. I've got a couple of questions, however:

A) I notice that here on blogger, I'm not being allowed to start my own threads like everybody else is. Can't figure out why.

B) Do you mind if people, including myself, cross-post something that they've written already, not on another blog, but for just my own?

Just curious, in both of these instances.