do you ever have days where you wake up & feel your whole life is on hold...?
that you're just........ waiting
that there are things you should be doing
in preparation for
the time that some unseen someone pushes PLAY
& it all begins again
(for those who do not see a video above)
waiting for my real life to begin
i'll be in & out today.
have a ton of stuff to do .... while i'm waiting (^.^)
in the meantime:
CARE more than others think wise
RISK more than others think safe
DREAM more than others think practical
EXPECT more than others think possible
(& please use this as a place to drop your open thoughts!)
Wednesday, February 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















18 comments:
Perfection in the morning! Colin Hay is new to me thank you for opening his world here adding more to mine.
AND
Guys singing on the subway brought tears to my eyes perfect example of synergy. A spark of light can set the whole world blazing. Yes let me be a spark let us all be sparks of light.
I know it is a new day but I just have to comment on conversation of yesterday.
Newp thank you for the Kennedy speech what strikes me is the truth is never dated it can be repeated here 50 years later and it is just as true and powerful. WOW
Ross way to go on kos!
Alma I missed Megan on the view. I have heard her speak before and she is one of the few Republicans that is making sense these days.
Dancingtrees I love your pic and just want to say hi.
Colin Hay was in the band Men at Work
you probably know their songs
here is "overkill" that the show 'scrubs' used....
(that really is colin hay singing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGmcuj44DQ
Thank you Ria for the info on Colin Hay.... cool.
Karma and DA I just got an email from Miki sharing some sad news....
having seen RiaD's fairly recent post about the passing of her dog, Pooka, I can sympathize, since my beautiful, adorable pet Noble Macaw, McGee, passed over to Bird Heaven last Sunday night. It was unexpected, I have no idea what caused his death, and never will. He brought me, my family and my friends a great deal of joy, always greeted me with a cheery squawk or two when I came home from anywhere, was great to "scritch" and to pat, and talk to, and is missed.
Just thought you would like to know... :o(
Snowpocalypse II:
It started yesterday afternoon & I'd guess we have another foot or more already. And still coming down.
They're predicting 18-24" for Philly...I think that's about the same as the expected spread here too.
Gah! Yeah, we usually have snow, but not these monster storms -- and rarely two monsters in less than a week.
Glad I'm not at work today. It's a royal mess out there.
Kathleen,
I'm sorry about your pet.
These things are always difficult. Fred's getting old, too. I worry about him, sometimes.
Youffraita stay warm ! Post some pics from your yard.
It is odd, here in the Northwest we have had an unusually warm January now in February plants are budding as if it is April. I love it but it is odd indeed.
Youffraita stay warm ! Post some pics from your yard.
It is odd, here in the Northwest we have had an unusually warm January now in February plants are budding as if it is April. I love it but it is odd indeed.
Karma it was Miki's bet bird.
Waiting can be so hard Ria. ;)
Oh man Youff. I'm glad you don't have to work today too!
We only got about 5". Which I think is more than we had the rest of the winter added together. Not normal for here at all.
It was however, enough to throw off my plans. I had planned on stopping at the store on the way home from picking up my girlie last night, to get my hubby a present. Instead hubby went to pick up the girl. Today is hubbys birthday and I got nothin'. Waiting now for my boy to get up and shovel so I can head out and find something.
kathleen,
please extend my sympathies to miki...
losing a furred or feathered friend can be as much or more painful than losing a human family member.
it seems animals.... well we pour out our souls to them, tell them secrets we wouldn't share w/people...
they love us unconditionally
& gha! when they go the hole is huge in our hearts.
youf/alma
i'm so sorry y'all are getting hit so hard with the snow.
we are again down in the 30's expecting lo's in the 20's
& the daffydillys are poking up their shoots outside my door!
stay warm & stay safe walking/driving in this weather!!
Thanks Ria if you have the time I can't figure it out here. Me too I can't wait!!
Thank you Alma and Ria for all the tips. Maybe a book together one day is in order mean while we can collect our ideas here and share. Hugs
Thanks, Kathleen, Alma & Ria for the good wishes.
It's pretty nasty out there, especially since the wind picked up & everything is drifting.
Lots of places are closed.
I have begun a beef stew, so have that to look forward to: this is certainly the weather for it! (Went to the farmer's market yesterday before the storm.)
Just a heads-up: my pony party at dd tonight is about Snowmageddon II with lols & caption-this. Hope you'll all stop by: and Ria, bring your pics, okay? ;-D
Alma I just read your heart felt story about your dad. Thank you for the link, he reminds me so much of my dad the humor, the quick smile I feel like I know him.
They died very much the same way at home surrounded by his wife, kids and grand-kids. After my dad passed his mouth was open, we didn't think he would like that so my brother went and got one of his neckties and tied it around his head to keep his mouth closed and then respectfully laid out the remainder of the tie neatly above his head. I said hey that looks like rabbit ears everyone looked and fell on the floor laughing then we looked at dad again and he had a smile on his face swear to God!!
Aw Kathleen. I could picture the tie scenario. It gave me a grin. I bet your dad did have a smile on his face. He was sharing the last laugh and looking down with love at his family all together. I really think thats the best way to go, and wish everyone had that option.
Dear Youff, from listening to the news earlier it sounds like your whole state is closed. Stay warm and safe my friend. My mom who never cooks actually made chili yesterday figuring it was the perfect weather for it.
All I seem to do is wait. No one here has any sense of time. I don't even wear a watch. I'd go nuts knowing how much time I spend waiting.
I had to laugh when we went to the big city and they have a new Burger King. We ordered and waited 15 minutes for our fast food.
They say patience is a virtue, so I must be very virtueous. sp? sorry.
Hi, RiaD.
Thanks very much for your sympathy and condolences. It is rough to lose a pet, regardless of its age, and you're right about how painful it is, because pets become so like, or part of the family, plus they do love us unconditionally.
Post a Comment