Saturday, February 6

seeing differently

maybe it's time for people to look at things a bit differently...



















instead of with tunnel vision
















~

maybe it's time to shake up their horizons...















~
see things in a new light...



~
twist perceptions....
















~
it could cause a groundswell

 
 ~
an explosion of ideas

 
 ~
a new dawning

 
 ~


13 comments:

dancingtrees said...

Wow! Beautiful!!

newp said...

amazing pics, Ria!

RiaD said...

thanks y'all!

i saw these several months ago & saved them, knowing their purpose would come eventually!

& sorry~
i got lost organizing the damn photobucket. i dunno why the silly pics won't go to where they should be!

Mike L. said...

Those ARE amazing photos.

Terrific stuff, Ria.

newp said...

now...

beyond the pics, your words are equally moving and amazing...

"maybe it's time for people to look at things a bit differently...

instead of with tunnel vision

maybe it's time to shake up their horizons...

see things in a new light...

twist perceptions...

it could cause a groundswell

an explosion of ideas

a new dawning"


just beautiful, Ria. I hope you don't mind that I've copied them down and placed your 'new dawning' on my altar. now each morning and evening they'll serve as a reminder of the power of thought, the expansion of our mind and life condition.

J was very impressed and he sends you his very best ~ he believed your words were actually guidance from Sensei!

RiaD said...

newp~
you know....
i started this wee blog because of you & Youff's encouragement....
i wanted a place to share my thoughts, to make a place to gather & share knowledge... to give to others.
but
i swear. i'm getting far far more than i give.
you ALL, everyone, have been so giving, of your love, your optimism for this crazy idea....
my hope grows with each passing day.
i think we really have something here. & you all are as much a part of it as i am.

thanks newp for your kind words.
hugs to you & J~
♥~

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ria, this blog is so YOU: beautiful, generous, warm & cozy. I love it here.

You're doing a fabulous job as blogmistress & it's just wonderful.

(& I'm still extremely impressed that you could code Free Rice like that...I wouldn't know how to do that if you gave me step by step instructions. Everything about html is counterintuitive, to me.)

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes new eyes

thank you for lifting my heart

I am seeing it as part letting go to be open to seeing in a new light.

mplo said...

Hi--was just cruising on this blog. It seems like a cool place.

Anonymous said...

Welcome mplo and welcome the energy that brought you here.

Stick around we are just putting down roots.

Tell us a little about you. :o)

mplo said...

Hi there! Thanks, Kathleen. You may or may not recognize me, but here I am--a silversmith, bicyclist, exotic birdlover, and big West Side Story fan who posts about this great classic film regularly.

I recently lost my beloved, adorable pet Noble Macaw, McGee, who would've been 20 years old in early April of this year, and have no idea what caused his death, but it happened. He had issues, such as feather picking, and some occasional other stuff, but all told, he was a healthy bird who brought much joy to me, my family and my friends.

I realize that you're all not here to talk about movies, but to exchange basic thoughts about how to make this world a better place as individuals. I've come to the conclusion that one must start in his/her own individual back yard, like we should as a country.

Every year, I make a road trip/pilgrimage to Iowa City, IA, to visit relatives, and will undoubtedly do so again this year, too,

Btw--hello to RiaD and everybody else, too.

I hope to talk to you all more in the future.

Anonymous said...

Hi Miki,

Good to see you.

Looking forward to your positive energy about your world and what is going on around you.

Again so sorry about McGee!

mplo said...

Hi, Kathleen.

Thanks so much again, for your compliments and condolences.