(link to video above)
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain is one of my favorite movies ever.
Amelie, an innocent and naive girl in Paris, with her own sense of justice, decides to help those around her and along the way, discovers love.
Amélie is a shy waitress in a Montmartre café. After returning a long-lost childhood treasure to a former occupant of her apartment, and seeing the effect it has on him, she decides to set out on a mission to make others happy.
Amélie tries to enrich the lives of those around her by weaving her special brand of mischievous magic. She befriends a neighbor who's a shut-in, plays pranks on another neighbor, steals a garden gnome and returns objects she collects to their rightful owners. She romantically daydreams in the café she works at and marvels at life's ironies. One day she finds a small box containing a child's mementos and decides to set about finding its rightful owner...
The 'tag line' for this movie is "One person can change your life forever. She'll change your life."
And she did. Or rather watching this film made me realize that people can touch others in small seemingly insignificant ways & yet.... the repercussions can be amazing.
Please use this to express your open thoughts....
about a movie, person or idea that changed the way you think
or just to chit-chat!






















21 comments:
i'm hugely busy today so will be in & out infrequently.
have a fantastic day!
Thank you Ria another one I haven't seen!! Where have I been??? I love movies!
Love that movie.
I've never caught the whole flick. I blame my hubby and his dominance of the changer. ;)
When I was a teen I got to be friends with a family of 15 kids. The mom was a single parent for many years after her husband left her. One of kids, Danny, had gone to school with my sister that is six years older than me. He told me that one of his best memories at elementary school was when my mom sent cupcakes for my sisters birthday. He thought my mom was just the greatest for doing that. I think thats when the seed was planted in my brain to do what I could for kids. That for some of them very little things could mean a lot.
Dannys mom IMO was a great mom. I spent many an hour with her and when I ran away as a teen, when I came back she let me live at her house for awhile, while I was mending my relationship with my parents.
kathleen.... be aware this is a french flick, subtitled.
some people do not like reading their movie so i thought i'd point that out!
I enjoy it actually hear another language spoken while I read their words is wonderful.
IT'S SNOWING!!!!
i was diligently working & looked up.....
w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!
so i'm taking a break & going to play in the snow!!!
(& go feed the chickens which i forgot to do!)
It is 50 degrees here and sun shiny go figure
How fun for you!!
yay snow!!!!
and great movie!!
Snow?
What's that?
Here in SF we basically have two seasons, raining and not raining.
That's it.
Don't you remember having/seeing snow while growing up in the Bronx, Karmafish? LOL
Hi Miki,
actually I grew up in Connecticut, but my mom was from the Bronx and my dad is from Brooklyn.
And, sure, snow we had in plenty.
{I don't really miss it, tho.}
Hi, RiaD!
Somehow, I relate to "firefly" -- yep, I do. Remember, way back, you had the cutest "firefly theatre" with a couple of empty chairs viewing? T'was adorable!
Amelie? Absolutely one of my most favorite films ever -- totally imaginative, yet, totally believable! And, lessons to be learned!
A toi!
Tahoe
Ah Tahoe!!
so wonderful to see you here!
& how sweet of you to remember my 'firefly theatre'
(^.^)
i've looked, but i can't find that picture just now....
it's still snowing here!
& also in Charleston (where my majik boy & the princess are)
the majik boy went out & played in his first ever snow tonight in the dark. i'm sure tomorrow will be like christmas morning & he'll be up at the crack of dawn to go out & play.
g'nite everyone!
Thank you, RiaD!
Very sweet of YOU! Actually, I had kinda' been lookin' around for that photo, too, but haven't had any success -- seems a number of your comments are gone!
I suppose you find it "surreal" to have snow -- but at least the little ones are enjoying it. Hope all the animals are O.K.
We have quite a bit of snow on the ground here!
G'nite to you!
A bientot!
Hi, Karmafish.
Thanks for the corrections. I'm still living here in the northeast--New England, to be exact, where winters can be very hit-or-miss, especially lately, if one gets the drift.
Yo, Ria! Local paper today said we got something like 46" of snow in the last three storms (over a two-period, iirc). Can we ship some down to you? ;-D
I'd love to see the Amelie film. Maybe when I get the "new" (used) computer I can watch videos again. He's been using it for music, so it ought to be okay. For now, though, there's enough snow on the roof to provide excellent insulation: meaning I can't get this place cold enough to keep the computer from overheating. Bummer.
Just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone.
Tahoe
i'd deleted my essays when i left dd after those huge flame wars. i now regret that ver ver much.
many good comments were lost
i wasn't thinking things entirely through...
:(
Hi Tahoe
I see you found your way over. :)
Hi, RiaD,
I think that particular photo was in your "In the Garden . . . " series. All seem to be gone.
You had some beautiful photos, as I recall -- do wish you hadn't done that either! :(
Tahoe
Yes, Alma,
I made it! :)
Post a Comment